Sunday 23 September 2007

Cupcakes - A new discovery in London

One Fine Saturday Morning......

I was going to buy some strawberries from Partridges in Chelsea (a last minute request from a friend to bring two boxes over for lunch) and I walked right into their 'farmer's market'. I had forgotten about the farmer's market (since farmer's markets to me mean the one on Portobello road or Borough market).

Anyway, though I was in a rush, I could not help looking at all the stalls and guess what I find - some lovely cupcakes! The stall was run by Crumbs and Doilies. They sold only mini-cupcakes in about a zillion flavours and toppings...chocolate, lemon, carrot cake, gummy bear, sprinkles...you name it. Gotta try these........mmmmm..lip smacking and cute..quick pop into the mouth!


5 comments:

Mansi said...

For some reason I've always loved the simple cupcakes, with no icing on the top...I must say yur pic looks temting, but I think the icing just kills the real flavor at times!!

thx for visiting my blog!

M'nMs said...

true true mansi - icing can kill the flavor.. these were just so cute and tiny! Like your gadgets blog!

Carolyn said...

OMG - they are fab - been over to their blog and love the halloween ones - were they as delicious as they look

M'nMs said...

Oh so true Carolyn...I just went and checked out their site again...they do a fantastic job decorating.

M'nMs said...

s.j. simon - hard to believe now :) 'unfit for virtuous citizens'... that's funny!